The users were able to customize their Apple Watch workouts always. But, the company has finally made you able to create custom interval workouts in watch OS 9. Here’s how to create and customize your own interval workouts in watch OS 9.
Creating Custom Workouts:
You’ll have to do it from the watch while updating your custom interval workouts is easy. Unluckily, there’s no way to do it on the iPhone at present.
Here’s how to create a custom workout:
- Open the Workout app.
- Navigate to a specific activity (outdoor running, hiking, etc.) and tap the three-dot button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Scroll all the way down and tap the Create Workout button.
- Tap the Custom button. It should have a purple clipboard icon.
- Tap the Warmup button. From here, you can choose the type of warm-up (time, distance, etc.). If you don’t want a warm-up, tap Skip.
- Tap the + Add button to create an interval.
- Tap Work or Recovery, then select the type of interval you want. Your options will depend on your activity of choice. For example, outdoor running workouts will let you choose between open, distance, or time. HIIT workouts will let you choose between open or time.
- Enter the appropriate interval (five minutes, 0.25 miles, etc.).
- Repeat the last three steps for as many work or recovery intervals as you need.
- If you want to repeat any intervals, tap the + Add button and select Repeats. Choose the interval(s) you’d like to repeat and then tap Next. Select how many times you’d like to repeat a set, and tap Done.
- When you’re ready, tap the Cooldown button. Choose the type of cooldown (open, time, etc.). If you don’t want a cooldown, tap Skip.
- Enter a name for your interval workout in the Custom Title field.
- When you’re all done, hit the Create Workout button.
Editing Custom Workouts:
Here’s how to edit an existing custom workout.
- Open the Workout app and navigate to the activity type containing the custom workout you want to edit.
- Tap the three-dot icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Scroll down the list of workouts until you find the one you want to edit. Tap the pencil icon in the top right-hand corner.