How to Start Experimenting with Google Lens
What is Google Lens:
Google lens is an AI-powered technology that uses your smartphone’s camera to detect an object and search results to act for example scanning, shopping, translating, and more. Google lens enables you to point your camera at anything, for example a flower, then Google provides all the results that are linked to that flower. Google lens is a very user-friendly tool. You only have to point your camera at anything like a cafe, restaurant, park, or car and Google lens will provide results of that image. You can use Google lens if you want to get information about anything physical in front of you.
HOW TO ACCESS GOOGLE LENS
There are numerous places to find it on android:
- In the Google search field on your home screen, Lens is the icon on the far right. (It looks like a circle surrounded by three multicolored lines and a dot.)
- In the Google Photo app, swipe left on the buttons on the bottom of the screen until Modes is highlighted, and then select Lens.
- In the Chrome app, tap the camera icon on the right side of the search field.
- And of course, you can always just open the Lens app itself
HOW TO IDENTIFY AN ITEM OR TEXT USING YOUR CAMERA
- Classify an object or text which is not photographed already on your phone so you can use this way as well, you’ll see the square field categorized “Search with your camera”, then tap on the camera button. It will open and cover your complete screen.
- Four corner lines appear on your screen that will specify which object you want to focus on. You can also use your finger to focus on that item or text that you want to search on Google Lens
- Tap the” Search” button at the bottom of the screen.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO WITH THE LENS?
- By tapping on TRANSLATE you can also translate your text, sentences, and whole paragraph.
- By tapping TEXT you can also copy text into your clipboard, listen to it, or do a search