How To Turn Off Instagram’s Feed Recommendations For An Entire Month:
Instagram, after receiving backlash on different platforms from users including influencers regarding the new algorithm and its TikTok-style redesign, might be planning to make the app how it used to be by retreating from the reel feature and reducing the app’s continuous flow of recommendations on the feed. However, that won’t stop recommended posts from showing up in your feed altogether. Fortunately, as a consequence, there is a solution to this problem which Adam Mosseri, head of Instagram stated in one of his Stories earlier this week.
You can turn off your Instagram feed recommendations and suggested posts from your page for 30 days and luckily, there are only a few steps to follow.
HOW TO SNOOZE INSTAGRAM FEED RECOMMENDATIONS FOR 30 DAYS:
- Scroll through your main Instagram feed until you come across a recommended post. These are usually accompanied by explanations for why you’re seeing them, such as “because you watched a reel from ____” or “because you follow ____.”
- Tap the X at the upper right. Upon doing so, you’ll see text confirming that the specific post has been hidden. But that’s just snoozing one recommendation, and we want to get rid of as many of them as possible.
- From the options listed, tap on snooze all suggested posts in the feed for 30 days.
- After that, a green checkmark will appear, with confirmation that your feed won’t contain suggested posts for the next 30 days.
- And done. Remember that clearing your feed of suggested posts won’t prevent you from seeing Instagram’s many in-feed advertisements. But it’s an accessible way of taking at least some greater control over how the app works for you.
- You can also now sort your feed consecutively by tapping the Instagram logo at the upper left and choosing Following.