It is true that the internet never forgets. Once something gets uploaded on most internet platforms it might be extremely hard to take them down. However, some apps are designed to keep your data temporarily.
In 2021, the most popular chatting app, WhatsApp introduced its Disappearing messages option. These messages only last for a specified amount of time. After the time passes, the messages delete automatically.
How to use Disappearing Messages:
Whatsapp allows you to set the time limit of one day, 7 days, or 90 days on your disappearing messages.
- Open your WhatsApp app on the phone and select a contact to start the chat or select an existing conversation.
- At the top, click the name or contact number to open further options.
- Scroll down and select Disappearing messages.
- Select your desired time limit of the disappearing messages.
- You can also select Try a Default Message timer to set all the future chats on the disappearing messages option by default.
Once you have successfully enabled disappearing messages, WhatsApp will notify in the chat about the change.
In case you want to turn disappearing messages option off, all you have to do is to go through the steps again but this time opt for Off option instead of a time limit.