Snapchat is a platform where users can send messages to their friends, send pictures (also called Snaps), attach stickers and music to their content.
Snapchat, introduced a new feature of the dual camera where users can access both views of their camera front or back at the same time to capture videos and pictures. It’s a new way where users can access both views. The camera of Snapchat is the most used in the world, the dual camera came with four layouts and users can also use creative tools like stickers, music, and lenses to make content.
According to Snapchat, this new feature of the dual camera was made available globally on IOS on August 29, 2022, and Android support is coming in the next few months. As per the log post of Snapchat, iPhone models including iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max will get the support initially.
How to use this dual camera feature:
- Open the Snapchat app and a new icon in the camera toolbar would appear.
- Open the camera screen to start the Dual Camera option in the messaging app.
- Tap at the Dual Camera icon in the camera toolbar and try out different layouts before taking a Snap.
- The new feature would provide four layouts including a vertical, horizontal, picture-in-picture, and cutout.
- Snapchat users can also add music, stickers, and lenses to their apps.
- There is a flip camera button that changes the primary and secondary views of the camera.
Snapchat said in a statement, “With one simple tap, you can start creating Snaps and Stories, or more polished Spotlight videos, with double the perspective. Dual Camera is a creative way for our community to capture exciting moments while being part of the memory – like rocking out at a music festival or everyday moments like your culinary adventures in the kitchen.”